|Size (L x W x H)||20 cm x 30 cm x 20 cm|
- New lower profile design
- Market proven axle durability
- Replaceable pins available in two lengths
- Two tone finish
Pre order items, ship within 5-7 working days.
Shimano PD-GR500 Flat Pedals
High quality and affordable trail/AM platform pedals from Shimano: the PD-GR 500
SHIMANO Platform pedals are engineered to deliver the ideal balance of connection to the bike, pedaling stability, and on and of the bike freedom. Pedal body shape and pin placement ensure riders have a direct and secure connection to the pedal, maximizing both control and pedaling efficiency.
The pedals feature a concave surface (lower in the center and higher in the front/rear) to further enhance shoe to pedal interface and grip. Adjustable pins offer even more connection. Materials, construction, shape, and thickness are all carefully considered to engineer a platform pedal with the best balance of lightweight, low Q-Factor, and durability across riding conditions.
Features - Flat Pedals PD-GR500
- Concave contact patch for better grip, more comfort on long rides and efficient pedalling
- Strong, durable chromoly axle with low-maintenance sealed compact bearing
- 9 height adjustable, bottom-loading replaceable pins
- Use: MTB All Mountain, Trail, Enduro, BMX
- Model: PD-GR500
- Type: Flat Pedal
- Mechanism sealed: Yes
- Pins: 9 pins per platform
- Dimensions: approx. 90 x 90 x 22mm
- Optional reflector: SM-PD64 (Not included!)
- Pedal body: Aluminum Painted
- Pedal axle: Chromoly Steel
- 535g pair
Scope of delivery
- 1 pair Flat Pedals PD-GR500
About Flat Pedals
Flat pedals are ideal for those not wanting to use a clipless pedal system, they provide a large grippy platform for normal shoes to grip too. You can fit toe clips and straps to some flat pedals to benefit from pulling upwards when pedalling on hills or accelerating, these tend to be more for road/commuting use. Generally the main use for most types of this pedal now is Freeride or Downhill where quick placement and removal of the foot is essential.