|Size (L x W x H)||20 cm x 10 cm x 5 cm|
- Dedicated X-Country and Cyclocross non compromising racing shoe
- Low stack height sole helps stabilise foot during the downward pedalling stroke
- A one-piece surround upper, narrow bottom, rounded heel and slim toe box provide a glove-like fit
- Extra-range Boa micro adjusters with instant release spools
- Asymmetric eyestay pattern prevents twisting of foot under high power pedalling
- Proprietary Michelin outsole minimises weight and offers increased traction
- Optional extra-long climbing spikes for cyclocross and wet condition applications
- Reinforced spike mount for extreme conditions
- 18mm spike option
- Two-bolt SPD cleat mounting (cleats available separately)
- Weight: 325g per shoe (size 42)
Pre Order 7 Working Days to your house
Shimano XC9 SPD S-Phyre Mountain Bike Shoes
Conquer the XC mountain bike or cyclocross course with the Shimano XC9 SPD S-Phyre Mountain Bike Shoes. With these shoes, fast meets rugged with a glove-like fit and low stack height for maximum power transfer and performance.
The shoe's upper features Shimano's new one-piece outer design, which is made of stretch-resistant and highly breathable Teijin Avail microfibre synthetic leather with perforated dimple vents. This highly flexible fabric provides a glove-like fit that better accommodates a wider range of foot shapes.
Ensuring the fit is as good as it can possibly be is the two dial Boa closure system. These dials spread pressure across the top of the foot for a comfortable and lasting fit. Complementing this is the external curved heel cup construction, which suppresses foot twist and roll, stabilises the heel and holds your foot firmly in place.
For the outsole Shimano has created the perfect blend of durability and power transfer. Designed in conjunction with Michelin, this sole offers increased traction of the bike while minimising weight thanks to its high traction tread pattern. The outsole is designed in three sections - a dual-compound rubber, a lighter triangle knob design and an anti-slip arch pattern.
For additional grip in especially loose conditions, 18mm toe spikes can be fitted for greater grip. The sole features a two bolt SPD cleat mounting (cleats available separately).
Application: Cross Country, Cross Country Race, Cyclocross
Pedal System: SPD
Sole: ultra solid UD carbon midsole with grippy Michelin rubber sole and Dynalast technology
Sole Stiffness Value: 11 (on a scale from 1 to 12)
Closure System: two individually adjustable BOA-IP1 dials with power zone
Technology: Shimano Dynalast, Michelin, S-Phyre
- dedicated Cross Country and Cyclocross no compromise racing shoe
- low stack height sole helps stabilize foot during the downward pedal stroke
- a one-piece upper, narrow bottom, rounded heel and slim toe box provide a glove-like fit
- extra-range BOA micro adjusters with instant release reels
- asymmetric eye stay pattern prevents twisting of foot under high power pedalling
- also as wide model available
- perfect in combination with PD-M9000, PD-M9020 pedals
The toe-spring section of a cycling shoe plays a key role in supporting efficient pedalling. Too high, and it causes increased tension in the plantar, calf, and hamstring muscles. Too low, and you get a bowlegged, inefficient pedalling form. Extensive research by Shimano's R&D experts has produced a superior shoe design with an optimized toe-spring section that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upstroke. Built based on feedback from pro riders, Shimano Dynalast helps reduce energy loss on long rides, letting you keep more in the tank for that final sprint to the line.
In collaboration with Michelin, Shimano developed a new sole that combines dual-density rubber & strategic lug placement pattern for better grip without compromising pedalling efficiency.
Boa closures offer infinite adjustment for a glove-like fit. On-the-fly, one-handed adjustments, secure locking and fast release. Sheds mud and water while saving weight.
S-Phyre are the new top models by Shimano in shoe wear. The SH-RC9 is the top shoe for road races with great long distance comfort and unbelievable efficiency. The main characteristics are:
High performance one piece cover:
The one-piece outer on S-PHYRE footwear is made from supple, stretch-resistant and highly breathable Teijin Avail microfiber synthetic leather with perforated dimple vents, that are even more flexible, providing a glove-like fit.
Dual Micro-Adjust Lacing: The Boa-IP1 dials allow a highly tuneable fit and the Boa power zone wire guide is adjustable to help maintain consistent tension along the top of the foot.
Asymmetric Control: Asymmetric eyestay pattern prevents twisting of foot under high-power pedalling.
One Piece Upper: One-piece upper design provides a glove-like fit.
Seamless Midsole: Elimination of the lasting board reduces weight and enables a lower stack height to help stabilize the foot and maximize power output.
Low Stack Height: Low stack height helps stabilize your foot during the downward pedalling stroke.
Carbon Outsole: Ultra-rigid lightweight carbon sole maximizes power transfer.
External Heel Cup: External curved heel cup construction suppresses foot twist and roll, stabilizes the heel and holds your foot firmly in place.
Extended Range Cleat Adjustment: Extra 11 mm of cleat adjustment range.